Please note this IS a very risky market, and that I play on a "quite" high-pop PvE realm, so I have a lot of potential buyers, and the supply is totally RNG'd
First of all, thank you all for sharing your experiences about goblining, you helped me a lot at the beginning of my goblin journey ! I thought it would be fair to share my own experience now !
As you can see on this image I started seeing serious income when I started flipping Antorus BOEs (right before purchasing my 1st token, 250k on EU at that time) I didn't have a lot of gold at that time but I sniped a 940 BOE for a low price (which was quite a big amount for a single investment for me at that time) and I decided to give it a try, telling myself "If I can't manage to sell it, I stop playing WoW" - little did I know that I just stepped into the most profitable market of the game (in my current opinion lol).
As you can see here I sold around 30 ilvl930+ BOEs in the last 3 weeks ! The profit range goes from 10k to 800k per item..!
Let me explain you the tips I would have loved to know when I started :
- Leather is used by 4 classes : DH, drood, monk and rogue ! So you have more potential buyers, at least in terms of classes
- BUT the most played classes are Plate wearers (on my realm, you might want to check if it's the same on yours) so prices tend to be higher, compared to same ilvl of other armor types, and they actually sell @ that higher price
- Mail doesn't sell. Well, it actually does sell, but the market is often flooded because there is more supply than demand, So I wouldn't bother buying lower than ilvl960, maybe if it's @30%RegionMV, but keep in mind it might sell VERY slowly
- I don't have specific comment about cloth, but I don't want to seem racist against cloth-wearers if I don't mention them...
Bonus stats are really strange when selling : I posted a 960 standard BOE for 1 copper less than the same BOE with Avoidance, mine sold, the avoidance one is still on the AH... I can't explain this to you... (keep in mind that a Bonus is worth 30-50k, even more on 970+ BOEs, so post accordingly) *Avoidance on cloth and mail is pretty much useless until ilvl950, so people won't pay more for yours rather than a standard one, but if you get it on a ilvl970... Oh dear...
Speed is also very valuable on lower ilvl BOEs, because they are mainly used for farming, so farming goblins will pay a premium for this.
Let's say you bought a ilvl960 BOE for 200k, and it's the only one with that ilvl on the market at that time, so you post it @400K. RNJesus could be against you and the next day a random dude posts the same BOE for 230K. You have a couple of solutions :
I would prefer losing 10K when reselling a 930- BOE, so I can invest that money back, rather than waiting for 2 others to sell, which will take longer and longer, as the expansion comes to an end...
- You post it @229K and tell yourself that 20K profit is better than nothing (best solution for goblins without a lot of gold)
- You wait for theirs to sell (but keep in mind that a goblin might buy it, and repost right under yours, which in the end is better, as the price won't fall too quick, as you undercut each other by 1 copper every time)
- to more players...
Never underestimate the power of the /2 ! I usually post something like : "WTS --armor type-- --ilvl-- --link the item--, /w me for more info !" I sell around 20% of my items with trade chat (don't tell your price in the /2, let the potential buyers come to you !) I usually propose 5% less than my AH price (AH cut) and I then see if they try do lower my price, and if I'm happy with selling faster for less, or if I prefer to sell slower for more ! (I have macro for kiddos who /w me "1 gold" saying that the price for kiddos is on the AH (you know, just in case they actually are interested in buying), and I then add them to my VERY LONG ignore list)
My best advice for the ones who read until the end shhhhhh, don't highlight it, the other ones don't deserve to know it You will find the best deals during the night, as people post it when they come back from raiding, so check the AH around midnight on raid days and weekend. Sorry for the ones who have to wake up early, you might miss some good deals during your sleep :P